Next time, save yourself the drama

I was recently going through a TED talk where the guy was talking about how to keep a conversation going. He mentioned a very interesting point where he says that people have a certain perception of their personality and nobody likes spoiling it. If I just talk about myself, yes, I have a certain perception of me and I would never care if someone comes and tells me otherwise. It is never going to change how I feel about myself but yes, it sure will change how I feel about that person. And trust me, he'll be so dead for me. *poof* Out of my life, you. That's how people are designed, that's how we function. 

When you visit someone, there's a certain way how they arrange their place. And it varies from person to person, even if you don't like it or it doesn't resonate with your way of living, you choose not to comment on the same. Well then, that's pretty much similar when you're talking to someone. You enter their individual self and interact with the surroundings. If asking for not being judgemental is way too much, one should at least try not to impose their judgement on the opposite person. 



Patience is very difficult to acquire but once acquired, it can be your best hack to a great life. Sometimes, being a good listener is so difficult specially when the stupidity of the person in front of you is poking you to the limit of spitting on his face. Well for introverts it is pretty easy, because we can tackle any such situation. I can sit in front of a wall for hours and that's similar to how I actually feel when I'm around people I don't like talking to. At least it saves me the drama of cutting them in between and dragging myself into a doltish argument.

Talking to someone is an art. Keeping a conversation going is by far the most difficult task for us introverts, and well sometimes for extroverts as well. As they say it's better to shut up than to blurt out something stupid or something that would hurt someone. A nice, decent conversation should never be focused on outcomes, or else it becomes an argument, a debate. Well, I would be the last person to teach someone the art of talking but I at least told you ways how you can avoid offending the person, keep the conversation going, or not convert it into a heated discussion. I have been in many such awkward situations but until and unless that person is really close to me, I have always won it like a boss for myself. So the next time you get stuck in any such situation, shut the fuck up and save yourself a lifetime of taunt and an opposer. 

Be nice to people, no one is bad after all. We all just sail in different boats.

Comments

  1. Remembering all those times I have won like a boss :) haha!! Good one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts