Welcome to the real world!

This one's for my juniors,

It has been about a year now that I shifted to Bangalore and started working. And a little more than that since I wrote a blogpost. Well, as soon as I completed my placement diaries about how I couldn't get into my dream companies and blah blah, I got into Mu Sigma. Yayy! But I never really wrote that one down. You see people always like to complain and cry about things just like what I did. But when they actually got it, it's all gone. It feels like it was always there. Anyway, it's also because of my procrastination. Or may be only because of that. 

So, this guy was asking me tips about the corporate world, how it feels and how it's different from college. Well, I can say I have never been so independent and confident in my life than I am right now. The decisions I make, the life I'm leading, staying alone, all of it makes me feel so proud of myself. Of course this is something everyone's doing, all my batch mates. But why is it important to me is because when I compare myself from the old me, there has been such a positive change in myself. And I am loving every single part of it. 

So, June 18th I joined Mu Sigma and well I remember being so excited that day, my parents were so happy and proud. But for the first one month, you don't really do anything. It was MSU period for us (training period in Mu Sigma). And after that, we were allotted our respective accounts. Mine was an all guys team. And for a person that I am, it is the worst thing that could've happened (is what I thought initially, I love my team now). I was all sad and depressed. I didn't know how to talk to anyone there. But then things smoothened out. This was probably the best team I could've got. Although I keep complaining we don't celebrate secret santa. Haha! But well, gradually people started moving out and it made me sad. I have always been reluctant to changes. Be it a project change, people leaving, change in bays or whatever. I HATE CHANGES! But it has always turned out to be good for me. And then I got into a flat (from the PG I was staying at which I never mentioned above). Also, Namrata. She was my savior during the all guys awkward team phase. Well moving into the flat was the biggest change in the past one year for me as I get to live alone, sleep alone. And I love my room more than any other place in this world right now. 

And then Bangalore, the city exploration came in. Meeting people, roaming around, drinking, pubs, parties, late night movies, shopping, all of it came in. I love the city for its amazing weather. Also, I met so many school friends I wasn't in touch with during college and they have become my best buddies now. College, well half of them are here in Bangalore and other half Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai and all. Well if you ask me, for my group it wasn't much of a change being separated from each other because whenever we meet it's always the same and we talk like everyday even if it's only on WhatsApp. 

What else, what else! Yessss, salary. Well earning sure feels good but of course it's never sufficient from your first job but always special. It was the same for me. I love, love buying gifts. And I remember buying gifts worth almost twice worth my salary (and ending up borrowing money from Dad so logically my dad paid for the gifts but still). So yes, that's one amazing feeling you get. 

Also, the best part, you don't have to be restricted by "no late night going out" rules. But with power comes responsibilities and trust me the day you start working, you start realizing what's good and what's not, much better. Although I'm not saying, we always choose to do the good things. :P



And yes, my use of social network has decreased tremendously, mostly because I don't have time and when I do have it, I just, just want to sleep. Or may be go out, because Bangalore, has so much to offer. 

Talking to parents, well it has not decreased at all. The content yes, but the frequency, never. Weekends, I love talking to them and summarizing the whole week story irrespective of its relevance. That's one thing that's never going to change. *touchwood*

Well yeah that's pretty much it, you'll have the same old life, with just a new you. And I'm sure you'll love it like how I do. I love the work I'm doing. The working hours suck but I still love it because I chose it for myself. And I'm proud that I can make decisions for myself now. I'm proud that I'm able to write this stupid post without thinking about how silly others would think this is. I am proud to be myself. And I'm sure you will be too. 

"Welcome to the real world, it sucks. You're gonna love it"

Comments

Popular Posts