A Puppet's Life ends on a Rope!!

It was the morning of 21st November'2012 when I checked "The Times of India" and the news featured "Ajmal Kasab hanged".. I was taken back, as to how and when did this happen? Before this, I was not much interested in the Kasab issue. But that day a sudden feeling of sorrow and mercy came inside me as I started reading the news. Then, I began reading all the coming articles and news regarding Kasab's hanging. People around me, the whole India, was celebrating his death. A feeling of joy, victory over the crime, flooded their hearts with emotions. But me, I was just freezed from within, a feeling of injustice to someone's death, to someone's last breath, rose inside me as my heart started sinking. Is this the end of the sin? The crime is washed away? It won't happen again, ever? And with all these thoughts, I started feeling weird, Am I not acting as an Indian? Am I being partial? How can I forget what he did to the innocent people at Taj and the other places of the 26/11 attack. But then, I rebounded back to my feelings for Kasab. 


It was basically not sorrow over why Kasab was dead, but over the fact that a person, a soul, is gone and people are celebrating and rejoicing it. "Death" is a big word. I do agree that it was the death of the sinner, but NOT THE SIN. All of the Mumbai attack was just a puppetry, killing the puppet won't stop the puppetry show. The manipulators are still there, planning another puppetry show. And all we're doing is killing the puppets and rejoicing at its death.

After four years that Kasab lived.. Really? He lived? People argue, he was given good food and kept in high security and blah blah.. Is that what we call living? When the person knows he has to die any moment from now. When the person, with each passing days, starts realizing his guilt and his crime, I guess that exactly is what "they" call living lavishly. And even after this torture, when he has been sentenced, been hanged to death, people "celebrate" that death. Wow!

Of course I'm not saying that I was against his death sentence or his death, all I was sad was how people took that day, that death of a person. I don't find any humane nature or attribute in laughing wickedly and claiming that we won over the evil. That evil is still present, all we did was destroy one of his creations. Target the creator, and not his creations and then only you can claim to have won over the EVIL.

His last words were, "Allah Kasam, maaf kar do, aisi galti dobara na hogi" and these words haunted me while I went to sleep that night. Lastly, I prayed to God to make him a really nice human being in his next life so that he can actually LIVE a life, for this life was more of a puppet show that ended on a rope for him.

May his soul rest in peace.

P.S.: This post in no way means to hurt anyone's sentiments, I just spoke out my opinions, and welcome yours in the comments below. :)

Comments

  1. see .. i never thought tat way.. but after reading this.. i too somewhat is feeling like ...sad ..but u know what ...somehow it is correct too...bcz it sets an example for those puppets who..r going for the next "puppetry show"... by seeing this at least they will think twice ...
    ~Garg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate n have respect for your thought! but..
    You know what? He came to India just to kill or get killed! I still wonder why did we kept him alive for so long. He deserved much more than just to be hanged till death. Keeping him alive or leaving him is nothing but an open invitation for a new attack, more bloodsheds. I don't know about his soul but 1000s of other souls must have got peace after his death. Just keep yourself at the place of ppl who have lost their family members 'cause of him and u'll get surrounded by new bubbles of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree, I have feelings for them as well, I never questioned his death. And for the fact of keeping him alive, it was needed for information, so, I'm not going into that part. I still feel he was the unlucky one. If you're cursing, why leave the other nine of them? They did not go through what he went through. This what made his death different, and when he was gone a peaceful bidding to the evil could have made a much different impact altogether.
    Immaturity signified, by the way we took his death. We're yet far from curbing this "Puppetry show".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was UNLUCKY? Just think abt the 3yr old child who lost his mother in front of his eyes, crying aloud and you'll understand what being unlucky actually is! He desrved it all and so the other 9 and all those bloody terrorists who live just to take innocent lives. I don't know whether u'll ever agree with me, but for me HE DESERVED IT ALL!
    and I seriously wish his soul rests in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See your last line is what I've been trying to convey.
    And I am again and again saying I am not unaware of the fact of what the people suffered because of him. Just my view of taking a "person's death" and for sometime not "cursing a terrorist".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts